Join Our Team!
Position Summary: The Executive Director works on behalf of the Duluth Library Foundation Board of Directors to provide leadership, vision, and direction for the organization. The Executive Director’s primary responsibility is fundraising and stewardship. Other responsibilities include representing the Foundation in the community, marketing and communication, coordinating fundraising events, supporting the administrative functions of the Board, and coordinating efforts as needed with the Duluth Public Library manager and staff.
- Lead fundraising efforts, resulting in increased giving to the Foundation, including developing and implementing short- and long-term fundraising
- Identify and cultivate, solicit, and steward donors, and regularly update the donor
- Increase the visibility of the Foundation by establishing engaged relationships with city/county/state government leaders, partner organizations, significant donors and volunteers, and the
- Oversee creation and dissemination of all Foundation marketing, fundraising, and communication materials, including print, digital, and social
- Oversee preparation of an annual budget and other necessary financial documents, and execute financial decisions consistent with the budget.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Foundation’s fundraising and other special
Desired Qualifications: Experience, Skills and Education
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible fundraising experience
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with boards, donors, stakeholders, employees, and community members
- Prior leadership role in a nonprofit organization, including program and office Specifically, experience with developing budgets and managing financial information, leading employees, and maintaining a comprehensive donor record management system
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage successful fundraising initiatives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to cultivate positive relationships with donors
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite, email, and social media
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
Location: Downtown Duluth Public Library, Duluth, MN
Reports to: Duluth Library Foundation Board of Trustees
Job Type: Salaried position; 40 hours/week; additional hours on occasion; occasional weekend/evening hours
Compensation: Salary is negotiable and dependent on qualifications. Compensation package includes paid time off and holidays, parking.
To Apply: Please email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by Monday, June 14, 2021.
I Love My Library!
Tell me more about the life-changing work of the Duluth Public Library.